Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Journey ...

Ok, so I skipped a few days already ! Well I'm trying to keep my mind at ease, and with out a touch of stress, so finally I'll be posting when ever my little heart desires!
Hey! I have to see the good side of having to stay quiet and practically lying down! I can actually make little "princess remarks" like the last one!

The past few days I've been starting with a banana.
It's a good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Potassium, Manganese, and a very good source of Vitamin B6.
It does have high sugar contents, which is what I'm supposing aids the nauseous morning sickness effect instantaneously! Since I've been eating a banana per morning, I've been feeling a lot less of that icky sicky feeling!
And I've read that morning sickness is due to low blood sugar level... Yay for bananas!!! 

Next I made an awesome fruit salad with the last fruits from the local farmers market! 
 - Black Berries
- Strawberries
-And a strange variety of yellow raspberries!
Mixed together, left in the fridge for at least 1/2 an hour and then voila! I actually made a tiny amount of chocolate syrup to drizzle on top !
My "semi healthy chocolate syrup" (this is way junk food for me!)
-1 teaspoon butter
-2 tablespoons cocoa
-drop of vanilla essence
-some milk (like 2-3 tablespoons)
-a little honey to sweeten :)
This is for a tiny amount! You can double or triple or what ever it to your own wanted amount.
I rarely cook with precise measurements, again these are just ideas for your mind to ponder upon and experiment with yourselves.
So you melt the butter, add the cocoa and honey and stir... Stir until melted... Add the milk and vanilla and stir again. That's it! Drizzle it over your awaited fruit salad! You can make big amounts of this salad! It stores well for up to 2 days in an air tight container, kept in the fridge.
The point here to keep it healthy is not to drown the fruits in the chocolate! Ya get what I'm saying?
Organic butter has no harmful BHA and BHT added, making it actually ok to consume in SMALL QUANTITIES! And since I'm trying to "fatten" a baby here! ...
Cocoa derives its health benefits from flavonoids which are plant pigments capable of acting as antioxidants to counteract some of the cellular damage that can lead to chronic diseases. Again I'm not talking about a "Twix or Snickers Candy bar" here ! Just pure, organic cocoa.

Another thing we made in the last days was Pumpkin soup and Pumpkin Pie! Loads of food from one lousy pumpkin that my son just had to get us to buy at the farmer's market! At least it kept him busy for hours carving and finally destroying this huge fruit.
I don't actually like pumpkins! However the soup was quite tasty indeed! 
And I do enjoy the healthy benefits of eating pumpkin seeds! They contain L-tryptophan, which is is an essential amino acid formed from proteins. Very good for brain development amongst other things!

Of course other things got eaten, my garden is overflowing with a variety of different tomatoes, carrots and cucumbers. My lettuce patch is feeding us well too!

I made a yummy brown rice, veal, and veggie dish last night, enough to last for few lunches as well.

And so my journey has brought me to absolute healthy eating! I bet I'm the healthiest I've ever been!

TO BABIES !
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment